Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Better Late Than Never?

Wow. Apparently I'm going with the whole "update once a month" goal haha.

Well now that midterms are over and I've registered for next semester's classes I can maybe breathe....maybe. ;) My teachers on the other hand feel it necessary to pile on the work one thing after another without realizing we do in fact have other classes we're worrying about. *humph* Go figure. The last 10 days or so alone have caused me the most stress. A group 12 page research paper I've been working on with 2 other people only one of which seems to be carrying their weight which makes it infuriating for me and the other group member. So come 1:00am or so Monday night (after registering for classes....I'll get to that fiasco in just a minute) that paper was finally done. I had worked on it throughout the day from 5am until 1am the next morning. Talk about mental exhaustion! Unfortunately I'm not done....I got to class Monday morning to find out we now have a 6 minute/12 slide presentation to have done for our section of the paper that was done. Shoot me now!! All of that was just for one class! I had the paper to worry about, a whole powerpoint presentation to worry about now, teaching for our parent class for my Parent Education class tomorrow, and then my online class assignments now to deal with. All before Friday ever rolls around. Get me outta here!!!! *sigh*

Okay now for my whole class registration fiasco. So Monday night I stay up until the very stroke of midnight with stickies on my computer laying out just what classes to take and when. Okay so I'm feeling pretty prepared. Until I try to add a certain class I had planned. *ugh* Now what?! So I ended up spending the next hour trying to get my schedule to work to my advantage which just seems like it will never happen. So then when I realize that I have a class I need to take that I simply can't I get flustered and just take something else in its place. I get to my English class this morning only to realize that not only are there still places left in this class but it let me add the class!! :) Yay!! Now I start looking around at the classes I will need to be taking in my final semesters and something stops me dead in my tracks.....a class I need to take I'm being told by my adviser (who has been my hero this semester!) that the class I need is "discouraged" from being taken at the same time as another class I was planning to take. I freeze. I start breathing heavily. What do I do now?! So I frantically print out my graduation plan/transcript and I start furiously highlighting and crossing out the classes/requirements I've taken/met and I'm planning out what I need to do to make this work. I go to class and come home to find an e-mail from my adviser......he already asked the teacher of the class I needed and I now have permission to take it in the fall with the other class I need!!!! I am now feeling totally relieved and charging full speed ahead for graduation in December....FINALLY!!!! ^_^

Now that all of the school updates are done....I would like to take a moment to say just how amused I am that HOME got tons of snow and out here in podunk town we have been having wonderful weather all week!! :) It looks as though nearly half the snow is GONE!!! *knock on wood* I haven't needed to wear a heavy jacket or anything to class and such which has been marvelous!!

Well now that I've spent a good amount of my time home from class instead of doing homework I should head out and get a good dent of it out of the way ;)

Love you all!!

p.s. 18 days until my birthday which means 17 days until Mom comes and 17 days until the release of Twilight on DVD!!!!!!

2 comments:

Amie said...

I'm not good at updating either. :)

Rebekah said...

Hmm, I think you're more of those "update once a year if you're lucky" type people. Nine months? I mean, does anyone even know you're DATING YOUR NEW BOYFRIEND???